Thursday, April 14, 2011

Please Allow Me To Introduce Myself

Other than my blog title being the first line to one of my favourite songs*, I figure I should take the time to say a little bit about me since I'm new here - by here I mean the realm of the Fat Acceptance blog.

Offline I am not nearly as "outspoken" and not nearly as much fun! My writing style is quite a bit different from the vast majority of wonderful Fat Acceptance blog writers and I'm awful at remembering proper scientific terms and the numbers associated with them actually terrify me. Instead all I can offer is my opinion and my thoughts and feelings regarding what it's like living as a fat chick. This is probably the best time to also note that I am rather sarcastic and will add little sarcastic remarks to many of my paragraphs.

The absolute details of my real form and self are probably not necessary at this time since I'll no doubt talk about them in future blog posts. Of course, if you're positively dying to know a little more about me you can look at my profile and see my picture. God forbid I actually uploaded a real picture of me, complete with six bottles of coca cola in the background. But, of course, we won't pay attention to the soft drink and will instead gaze upon my gorgeousness. (See what I mean about the sarcasm!?)

I should probably also note that I am terribly sensitive and, being such, I will most likely take the negative comments I may receive (haha! it's not likely trolls will bother with my humble little blog) to heart. However, this won't discourage me from speaking my mind regarding Fat Acceptance and the torrents of abuse I - we - receive because of the body I - we - have.

Also, I'd like to state that my body is mine and how I choose to treat it is of no concern to you. I appreciate your attempts at caring, which are no more than thinly veiled prejudice. Just because you say "I'm only looking out for your well being" doesn't give you the right to demoralise me and/or treat me as if I'm less than a human being. However, if you're going to spew forth that kind of verbal diarrhea I suggest you find someone else. If I want to eat that piece of chocolate - or the whole damn block - I will as it's my body and my decision. Back off bitch.

If you'd like to follow my blog there's an email option as well as the standard blogspot "follow" button somewhere to the right of this post. Please note: if you do follow this blog the author will be so deliriously happy she will break out in a spontaneous condition known as "happiness" And on that note, I shall end this little introduction of me and hope to hear from you and you and, yes, you too. 


*10 points to the person who can name the title of the song. Of course, there are no prizes, just universal points to prove how awesome you are.

2 comments:

SunflowerP said...

I can always do with more Awesomeness Points! That'd be the Stones' "Sympathy for the Devil".

Welcome to the Fatosphere!

Sunflower

Unknown said...

Le woot!! You have earned yourself some serious Awesomeness Points!!

Thank you so much for the lovely welcome! I am delighted to be here and be a part of something so powerful!